Special Collections


Welcome to the digital space for The University of Tampa Special Collections.

Sub-communities within this community

Recent Submissions

  • Unknown author (1959)
    this former private residence, at 108 Crescent Place, served as the fraternity house for members of Sigma Phi Epsilon from 1954 to 1965. Delo Hall is seen at the right.
  • Unknown author (1979)
    This 11-story building was located on Crescent Place at North B Street (now called Frederic H. Spaulding Drive). This image is of the eastern façade, the camera is aimed southwest. It was originally a hotel and apartment ...
  • Unknown author (1979)
    This private residence was located at 711 North A Steet. It was purchased between 1974 and 1975. It served as a dormitory from 1976 through 1985 and was razed in 1985 to make way for the new Res Com dormitory.
  • Unknown author (1981)
    This building was a private residence before becoming a dormitory in 1975. It was located at 710 North B street, on the south side of the street. It was razed in 1985 to make room for new dormitory known as Res Com.
  • Unknown author (1981)
    This building was located at 611 North A Street and is shown looking east from North Brevard Avenue. This view shows the west side of the building. It was constructed in 1961 by UT Industrial Arts students and alumni. ...
  • Unknown author (1981)
    This brick building, located at the southeast corner of the intersection of North B Street and North Boulevard, was originally the Wilkist Apartments. It was used as a co-ed dormitory from approximately 1975 until it was ...
  • Unknown author (1979)
    This two-story, wood-frame house was located at 715 North A Street on the campus of The University of Tampa. It was used as student housing from 1976 to 1984.
  • Edelson, Irv (1977-08-10)
    Looking south across Kennedy Boulevard, a Denny's Restaurant, parking lot and seven-story building are visible. This property was purchased by The University of Tampa in August of 1977. The former hotel was converted ...
  • Plays, Dana (The University of Tampa, 2007)
    On the 75th Anniversary of The University of Tampa, interviews were conducted with presidents, alumni, faculty, and staff in the oldest operating elevator in the state of Florida, located in Plant Hall on the University campus.
  • de Voragine, Jacobus (Anton Koberger, 1488)
    This leaf is from the "Legenda Aurea Sanctorum Sive Lombardica Historia." Text is in German.
  • de Mediavilla, Richardus (Christoph Arnold, 1477)
    This leaf is from an early Italian printing of the "Commentum Super Quarto Libro Sententiarum" or "A Commentary on the Sentences of Peter Lombard, Bishop of Paris." Text is in Latin.
  • Bagley, Art (1995)
    Located in a shady spot near the Spanish-American War Memorial, this bench was dedicated to Joe B. Acken, an artist and architect from New York City. In later life, he was confined to a wheelchair and came to Plant Park ...
  • Bagley, Art (1995)
    This memorial bench was dedicated to Joe B. Acken. Mr. Acken, an architect and artist, came to Tampa in 1915. Though confined to a wheelchair, he visited Plant Park at the University of Tampa to paint and play checkers ...
  • Unknown author (1973-10)
    The decommissioned, World War II-era, Tench-class submarine arrived in Tampa in 1972 and was a tourist attraction until 1990 when it was relocated to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Here the U.S.S. Requin is seen moored in ...
  • Unknown author (1965-10)
    This is one in a series of architectural renderings of the proposed new library building on campus. The building's northwestern face is seen from across the Hillsborough River. Architects listed: Eliot Chapin Fletcher, ...
  • Unknown author (1976-01)
    In the foreground, the image shows the demolition of the GCR (Government Classroom) Building. Four men push against the west wall of the building. In the background, a metal fire escape reaching to the third floor of ...
  • Unknown author (1976-01)
    After the demolition of the University of Tampa's GCR (Government Classroom) Building in 1976, a brick and mortar addition to the south wall of Plant Hall's Science Wing is visible to the left. This addition was removed ...
  • Unknown author (1976-01)
    The GCR building was a multi-purpose building on the University of Tampa campus. Built around 1947, it was alternatively named the Canteen, Government Classroom Building, War Administration Building and ROTC Building. It ...
  • (1968-12)
    The construction site sign for University of Tampa's new library building. The sign was erected on top of the utility building adjacent to the work area. New concrete pillars are shown at the left edge of the image.